Download ready pre-set for finishing pass. Open rhino and grasshopper file, import your 3d model into rhino
Finishing Pass Preset Overview
Preset requires to load 3d model and connect it to the script to get g-code. There are two geometries to be connected to the script: main geometry, and guide geometry
1. Geometry tab – connect this to main model right click and select “set one geometry” after which click on 3d model
2. Guide tab – connect this to guide geometry (guide geometry can be a simplified model of original model or a rougher geometry such as half a sphere).
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
1. right click on “Geometry” tab and go to “set one Geometry”. This lets you to select 3dmodel for cutting from a 3d view by clicking on the model
2. right click on “Guide” tab and select “one Geometry”. This let you select your guide geometry, guide differs from actual 3d model. its a guide for a tool orientation, it can be a rougher shape.
3. Drag through simulation scrol tab and see the cutting simulation
4. Adjust any of the parameters: main ones are: stepover, resolution, tool dimeter
5. Replace Fast Solver with Accurate Solver once all parameters are adjusted. Use accurate solver only at the end of g-code generation, as it will take a bit of time for the computer to calculate the code.
6. Copy G-code into any text editing software, save g-code as a text file. G-code changes each time any of the parameters are adjusted.