Follow the steps for an appropriate unpacking of the machine.
Step 1. Once the crate is open, cut the straps on the box and remove the box itself.
Step 2. Then, unscrew timber profiles and remove these parts from the machine, lift and place 5XM on its desk.
Step 3. Once the machine is placed on the desk, cut the cable ties.
Note: This machine is a desktop-type unit. Install the machine in a location that allows easy access to areas such as the power switch during operation.
Provide a reasonable amount of space available for the machine. In other terms, ensure that at least the following amount of space is available as shown in the diagram below:
Preparing 5XM for Use
After placing the machine on its desktop it is important to clean all linear rails, racks and a ballscrew with a clean cotton cloth. Lubricate those parts with a low viscosity oil and apply regularly depending on your workflow.
Note: Always keep linear components well lubricated. We use 3-IN-ONE® Multi Purpose Oil.
Tip: Double-check the list of included items with the machine, make sure they are all present. The following information can be found in the Setup Guide, page 12.
Connecting the Power Cable
Follow the steps accordingly, please check the list of possible cautionary from our Setup Guide.
- Connect to a power outlet that complies with this machine’s ratings (for voltage, frequency, and current refer to tech specs).
- Handle the power cord, plug, and power outlet correctly and with care. Never use any article that is damaged.
- When using an extension cord or power strip, use one that adequately satisfies the machine’s ratings (for voltage, frequency, and current).
- Connect the machine to the computer using the USB cable.
- Connect rest of the cables, for all 6-axis A, B, C, Z, Y, X. Connect Sensors and Tools Cable, red spindle cable.
Note: Before connecting or disconnecting the cable, be sure to turn OFF the machine's power. Connecting cables to or disconnecting cables from the milling machine while its power is on may cause malfunctions.
Connect cables 1-7, Sensors, Tools and Spindle cable. Check for the emergency button to be released.
Make sure the electronics box is OFF. Connect cables 1-7, Sensors, Tools and Spindle cable. Check for the emergency button to be released.
Switch ON the machine’s power switch. The initial operations start, you should hear activating sound that activates the spindle.
Let's proceed to the software installation - Mach3.